Amanda received her Bachelors of Nursing from Lamar University in 2008. After graduating, she started working on the telemetry (cardiac) floor at St Elizabeth. During those years, working at St. Elizabeth, Amanda received her Family Nurse Practitioner from McNeese State University, and is certified by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. She graduated December 2012 as a family nurse practitioner, and started working for Advanced Cardiovascular Specialists January 2013. She has always had an interest in and passion for cardiology. Amanda and her husband William reside in Fannett, Texas, with their son Eli. In her spare time she enjoys family, traveling, shopping and church.
- Lamar University, 2004-2008
- McNeese State University, 2009-2012
- Internship, Internal Medicine, 1981-1982 – University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dallas VA Hospital
- Residency, General Surgery, 1982-1983 – University of Louisville
- Residency, Internal Medicine, 1983-1985 – University of Texas at Houston Medical School, Hermann Hospital
- Fellowship, Cardiology, 1985-1987 – University of Texas at Houston