Dr. Lombardo was born in Beaumont, Texas. Prior to opening his cardiovascular practice in Beaumont on July 1, 1957, Dr. Lombardo served as Clinical Associate at the National Heart Institute, National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. He also acted as Director of the Heart Catheterization Lab at the Medical College of Alabama in Birmingham. From 1957 until 1963 he served as Director of the Cardiopulmonary Lab at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Beaumont.
Dr Lombardo also served in active duty U.S.P.H.S July 1, 1954 – July 1, 1956. Inactive Reserve: U.S.P.H.S., Senior Assistant Surgeon, July 7, 1956.
Dr. Lombardo enjoys spending time with his children and grandchildren, playing golf and relaxing at his second home in California.
- Southwestern Medical College of the University of Texas, Dallas
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM)
- Diplomate, ABIM, Subspecialty of Cardiovascular Disease
- Phi Beta Pi, Medical Fraternity
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- American Federation for Clinical Research
- American Heart Association
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Jefferson County Medical Society
- American Medical Association
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease
- Fellow, Council of Clinical Cardiology
- Member, The Society of Interventional Cardiac Angiography
- Fellow, The Society for Cardiac Angiography